Event Planner, Marketing Specialist and Community Servant Nordene Bartley was born in historic Hartford, Connecticut and raised in sunny South Florida. An only child to both of her parents, but apart of large extended family, Nordene was often the one to get family members together by hosting parties and planning activities from a young age. She also became to go-to person amongst her friends when it was time to plan milestone celebrations or just another weekend activity.
Nordene is now the owner and head planner for Deney’s Planning, a full service event planning company that plans milestone celebrations, romantic experiences and special occasions. She is also a freelancer who specializes in marketing campaigns, brand awareness, social media strategy and consumer research.
Nordene obtained her bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, with a concentration in marketing and education at Florida A&M University (FAMU). Nordene started her professional career in marketing at Digicel Group, the leading telecommunication company operating in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia-Pacific. Here Nordene worked with a team to plan and execute marketing campaigns in the Diaspora to generate emotional capital with consumers, increase brand awareness, organize press conferences, plan sponsorship events, and develop social media content plans.
Her niche for planning, entertaining and design was quickly recognized in her corporate setting. She soon began planning and organized the company’s holiday parties, staff activities and corporate community engagement projects. This experience, along with her educational background gave Nordene her rich mix of planning, marketing and communication experience.
Nordene was recently recognized by National Weekly Magazine as one of South Florida’s "Top 20 under 40." But hard work and success aren’t new to Nordene. She was awarded the "Diaspora Be Extraordinary Team Member of the Year” award by company CEO for the team member who goes the extra mile to achieve excellence and display the Digicel values of being dynamic, challenging and dedicated. She also scored in the “over achiever” bracket for three consecutive quarters during her performance review, and recognized by Prodigy PR Firm’s advisor for being one of the “Hardest Working Leaders" in the company.
Based in South Florida, with clients in Atlanta, New York and Jamaica, Nordene takes great pride in turning her clients dreams into reality.
Awards & Recognition
• South Florida’s “Top 20 Under 40”
• Digicel “Extraordinary Employee of the Year” Award
• Digicel “Overachieving” Performance Review
• R. Frank Nims Middle School “Certificate of Appreciation”
• Prodigy PR Firm “Hard Working Leader” award
• Project Leader, Prodigy PR Firm
• Community Service Chair, Student Government Association Class Cabinet
• Public Relations Chair, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
• Activities Coordinator and Community Service Chair, SISTUHS, Inc.
• President, FAMU Cluster of Invisible Children Foundation
•Big Brothers Big Sisters Organization
• No Perfect People Inc.
• R. Frank Nims Middle School
• Boys and Girls Club of Big Bend
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
• SISTUHS, Inc Community Service Organization